Homestay is a home away from home. It is an unforgettable experience and a great way to explore local culture, tradition and the life style of the peoples. It provides one with the opportunity to interact as well as experience the daily life style of the village people. It is a best way to experience the local cultures and tradition of the people.
Himalayan Homestay has an added advantages as it gives one with the real oppurtunity to have a closer look up to the himalayan village world, which are not described in books. It provides a great platform for the exchange and learning of culture and tradition.
|1) Village walking||5) Cardamom weeding and harvesting||9) Visiting to traditional village healers|
|2) Cultural songs and dance||6) Participation in cultural festivals||10) Exploring local flora|
|3) Milking cows and making butter||7) Listening to folk tales and stories||11) Preparing local food and beverages|
|4) Fodder collection and feeding of cattle||8) Day hike to pilgrimage sites|
1) Remember that you are staying with a family, so please behave as a courteous guest.
2) Vegetation is fragile, follow designated trail
3) Avoid littering and deposit garbage at designated places
4) Keep all pollutants away from streams and lakes.
5) Dress modestly. Be aware of the customs, manners and culture of the local people
6) Respects local culture by asking before taking photographs
7) It is customary to leave a donation at monasteries and to circle shrines in a clockwise direction.
1. Don’t disturb wildlife or its habitat
2. Don’t buy endangered species or antiques
3) Don’t smoke, drink alcohol or talk loudly near sacred places
4) Don’t pick plants or flowers
5) Don’t give sweets, pens or money to children, it only encourage them begging
Mingma! Julay!namestey! hope you are in good health. Sorry to write you lately. Our trip to Thiland made us busy so we were unable to write you back. Mingma the trekking was well organised and I had a wonderful time with you.. . Ladhak is a wonderful place and your guiding made it much much better. We all are very happy and eager to visit your country sikkim next time.
The way you describe sikkim, it really seems to be a nice place. We will promote for you wherever we go. Thanks for your support when the chips were down..
Convey our regards to Jigmee,Arun and Horse man. Hope we will meet then again. Harry,Dorris Michael and Gracy Switzerland 2009
Max, hope you are doing fine business. We are thankful for your warm guidance and wonderful trekking arrangements in a short time. Mingma the food was excellent. We will return to sikkim with friends and family someday. We would no doubt recommend your company mountain tours and treks to all of our friends who want to visit India and specially sikkim and Darjeeling. Adam and wanda Netherland. 2010
Mingma, thanks for your mail. We are still in kerela and doing familiarization trip. Its very hot out here. Mingma your trekking arrangements was good and we had no hesitation in recommending your company. Your guide and cook was very good. We had more than enough varieties of food everyday. We surely hope that you will do well.
Well take care and best of luck Andrew, Roben and David Switzerland 2011 feb