Nepal is a paradise for the lovers of extreme adventure and Mountaineering Expedition. It is full of all sorts of Mountains and Peaks, be it Technical, Difficult, Easy or Moderate. Here one's dream of looking at the world with birds eye view can be realised.
We can organize expeditions on any of the summits listed here-after, providing mountain guides and other staff, who have been there and know the routes well; according to the destination of your choice. we'll send you detailed route information, as well as recommendations on technical equipment and the capacities required.
The list of "Trekking Peaks" which are opened for trekking groups with permission from Nepal Mountaineering Association:
Peak Fee : The fees are as follows
(II) Climbing peaks: higher and challenging including Everest:
Expeditions to any of the highest mountains of Nepal, including all those ranging in between 7,000 and 8,000m. requires long-term planning and through organization. We will send you with all the required details according to the new regulation and requirements if you opt for it. Here we have enclosed some of the pretty famous on charts:
Over 8,000 m. Mountains:
Between 7,000 m. to 8,000 m. Mountain:
Rules of climbing:
A. Asking for climbing permission: The following documents have to be sent to the Ministry of Tourism, Mountaineering Division, Katmandu, Nepal.
1) Completed Application
2) Endorsement of the National Alpine Club.(if there is no Alpine Club, endorsement of the Government of your side)
3) Short biography of all members of the expedition (with photograph)
4) Map and/ or photograph of the mountain including climbing route.
5) Approach route map.
Since climbing permission is granted on 'first come first serve' basis, it is therefore necessary to enlist the expedition's name for the particular mountain for the particular season of the year. The listing is made when the completed application form with all documents are received by the Ministry of Tourism. Incase all documents mentioned above cannot be submitted at a time, booking is possible with only the completed application by the expedition leader. No fee is required to enlist the expedition's name.
1) Climbing Permit fee (royalty): The leader of the expedition team or its agent is required to compulsorily pay the full amount of climbing permit fee (Royalty) within TWO MONTHS of the date of permission. Incase of Failure of the payment of royalty within two months such permission may be CANCELLED. The payment can also be made to our company account.
2) Preparation In Nepal for Expedition: Import of foods and equipment:- Invoices and airway bill or bill of lading (four copies each) have to be submitted to the Ministry of Tourism for import license and customs clearance for the import of expedition foods and equipment to Nepal. CIF Katmandu value is to be clearly mentioned in the invoice.
3) Communication Equipment: As Walkie-talkies, Transceiver (Wireless) sets and other communication equipment are controlled articles in Nepal. Please declare these articles in the customs office (at entry point) that you wish to bring into Nepal for use during climbing period. Such equipments have to be collected from the customs office by receiving permission letter from the Ministry of communication.For the clearance of the equipment completed application form and invoice with catalogue or specifications (four copies each) should be submitted to the Ministry of Tourism and us which are latter to be sent to other concerned government offices.
4) Filming or Documentary: Permission is required for filming or documentary. The Ministry of Communication must be contacted any time for queries about filming in Nepal. Please let us know we will take care of every thing here in Nepal.
5) The Royalty and size of the Expedition team "Rules effective from 1996 Spring": More than one team maybe permitted to climb Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) by each separate route in one season. A royalty of US $ 50,000 has been fixed for Sagarmatha for a team consisting of 5 members. The team may include 5 more members provided if it pays extra US $ 10,000 for each additional member. The royalty includes trekking fee of the team members. The team members will be granted three months visas. Additional US $ 20,000 will have to be paid the team willing to scale Sagarmatha by normal South East Ridge route.
In all regions including Khumbu, an expedition team can have up to 5 members for the minimum royalty, and 5 more members for the additional royalty.
The team already permitted to scale Sagarmath will have to pay US $ 10,000 if it intends to change the ascent route. It will have to pay additional US $ 20,000 if it intends to change the ascent route to normal South East Ridge route.
For peak other than Sagarmatha, the team will have to pay additional 25% of the royalty in US $ to change the ascent route.
Expedition team must complete all necessary administrative formalities and procedures in order to send back the garbage of the expedition team to their respective countries, after the completion of the expedition. Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation will take necessary monetary deposit from them, which will be refunded after the dispatch of garbage from Nepal.
"Effective from 1992" the Ministry of Tourism has fixed the price of the deposit for the management of Garbage's by each mountaineering team who tries to clim any peak in Khumbu region are as follows;
* Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) US $ 4,000 or equivalent (Rs)
* Other peaks above 8000 meter US $ 3000 or equivalent (Rs)
* All peaks less than 8000 meters US $ 2000 or equivalent (Rs)
Royalties of the mountain expedition (In U.S. Dollar):
(RELATING TO SUB-RULE (1) OF RULE (5) ROYALTY "US $")
* Mt. Everest US $50,000 for team of to 5 and US $10 00 for each additional members/ maximum size is 10 on each team.
* Peaks above 8000 meter (except Mt. Everest) US $10,000 for team of up to7 and US $1500 for each additional members/ maximum size is 12 on each team.
* Peaks of 7501 - 8000m./ US $4,000 for team up to 7 and for each additional US $500.00 & maximum size is 12 members
* Peaks of 7001 - 7500m/.US $3,000 for team up to 7 and for each additional US $400.00 & maximum size is 12 members
* Peaks of 6501 - 7000m/.US $2,000 for team up to 7 and for each additional US $300.00 & maximum size is 12 members
Mingma! Julay!namestey! hope you are in good health. Sorry to write you lately. Our trip to Thiland made us busy so we were unable to write you back. Mingma the trekking was well organised and I had a wonderful time with you.. . Ladhak is a wonderful place and your guiding made it much much better. We all are very happy and eager to visit your country sikkim next time.
The way you describe sikkim, it really seems to be a nice place. We will promote for you wherever we go. Thanks for your support when the chips were down..
Convey our regards to Jigmee,Arun and Horse man. Hope we will meet then again. Harry,Dorris Michael and Gracy Switzerland 2009
Max, hope you are doing fine business. We are thankful for your warm guidance and wonderful trekking arrangements in a short time. Mingma the food was excellent. We will return to sikkim with friends and family someday. We would no doubt recommend your company mountain tours and treks to all of our friends who want to visit India and specially sikkim and Darjeeling. Adam and wanda Netherland. 2010
Mingma, thanks for your mail. We are still in kerela and doing familiarization trip. Its very hot out here. Mingma your trekking arrangements was good and we had no hesitation in recommending your company. Your guide and cook was very good. We had more than enough varieties of food everyday. We surely hope that you will do well.
Well take care and best of luck Andrew, Roben and David Switzerland 2011 feb