Homestay is a home away from home.
Homestay is a perfect choice to spend quality and meaningful time during your vacations in Sikkim. It is the best way to explore the enthralling natural beauty of Sikkim whiles staying with the locals.
It is an unforgettable experience and a great opportunity to explore the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the locals. It offers travelers a platform to experience the daily lifestyle of the Himalayan people closely. A great way of learning and making everlasting friendships with the locals.
Sikkim has some of the most beautiful Homestays to make your holidays cheerful and exciting. Over the years with an increase in the number of Homestays, Sikkim now offers you with variety of accommodations at different budgets.
These days Sikkim has Homestay in almost all tourist destinations. Limboo Home Stay, Gurung Homestay, Sherpa Homestay, Mama’s Homestay, Mayallyang Homestay, Tenzing Homestay, Himalayan Home Stay, Bayul Homestay, Tara Homestay, Lake view Nest Homestay, and many more.
|1) Village walking||5) Cardamom weeding and harvesting||9) Visiting traditional village healers|
|2) Cultural songs and dance||6) Participation in cultural festivals||10) Exploring local flora|
|3) Milking cows and making butter||7) Listening to folk tales and stories||11) Preparing local food and beverages|
|4) Fodder collection and feeding of cattle||8) Day hike to pilgrimage sites|
1) Remember that you are staying with a family, so please behave as a courteous guest.
2) Vegetation is fragile, follow the designated trail
3) Avoid littering and deposit garbage at designated places
4) Keep all pollutants away from streams and lakes.
5) Dress modestly. Be aware of the customs, manners, and culture of the local people
6) Respects local culture by asking before taking photographs
7) It is customary to leave a donation at monasteries and to circle shrines in a clockwise direction.
1. Don’t disturb wildlife or its habitat
2. Don’t buy endangered species or antiques
3) Don’t smoke, drink alcohol or talk loudly near sacred places
4) Don’t pick plants or flowers
5) Don’t give sweets, pens or money to children, it only encourages them begging
Mingma! Julay!namestey! hope you are in good health. Sorry to write you lately. Our trip to Thiland made us busy so we were unable to write you back. Mingma the trekking was well organised and I had a wonderful time with you.. . Ladhak is a wonderful place and your guiding made it much much better. We all are very happy and eager to visit your country sikkim next time.
The way you describe sikkim, it really seems to be a nice place. We will promote for you wherever we go. Thanks for your support when the chips were down..
Convey our regards to Jigmee,Arun and Horse man. Hope we will meet then again. Harry,Dorris Michael and Gracy Switzerland 2009
Max, hope you are doing fine business. We are thankful for your warm guidance and wonderful trekking arrangements in a short time. Mingma the food was excellent. We will return to sikkim with friends and family someday. We would no doubt recommend your company mountain tours and treks to all of our friends who want to visit India and specially sikkim and Darjeeling. Adam and wanda Netherland. 2010
Mingma, thanks for your mail. We are still in kerela and doing familiarization trip. Its very hot out here. Mingma your trekking arrangements was good and we had no hesitation in recommending your company. Your guide and cook was very good. We had more than enough varieties of food everyday. We surely hope that you will do well.
Well take care and best of luck Andrew, Roben and David Switzerland 2011 feb